The air fryer is an electronic device that has become a staple in many households. It uses superheated air for high speed cooking, making almost anything you need it to and works much like a convection oven.
However, there will come a time when the air fryer stops working, a simple fix from any electrician, or the deep clean it needs, one you should know how to do yourself.
Doing things by own makes you even better and being the person who use air fryer for everyday makes it more important.
In this article, you’ll find out some tips on “why air fryer is not working”, and some easy ways to fix it.
let’s find out.
4 Regular Air Fryer Problems (How you can fix them)
1. No power – One of the most common problems of an air fryer is that it stops working when it is turned on, whether you turn it on manually or using the automatic switch. This happens because the internal heater circuit for the air fryer develops a problem. This may occur due to overuse, heavy cooking, oil residue, or leaking from the heating element.
2. Unplugged – If the air fryer seems to be on, and yet there is no power coming from it, you may have left it unplugged for a long time, so try that if the other tips don’t help.
3. The power cord – If you are using an extension cord to power your air fryer, then it is probably worn out, so don’t use an extension cord if possible, instead just use a longer power cord for your air fryer.
4. Overheating – If the air fryer starts to get too hot, then this is a sign that it is working too fast, so try lowering the heat in your air fryer.
My Air Fryer isn’t getting any power, even if it’s switched on
What should I do?
1. Make sure your outlet is working properly, if you have an electrician come in and check the outlet for any wiring problems, then that may fix your problem.
2. Your air fryer has a power cord and if it isn’t plugged in then the battery will not be getting any power, so make sure that it is plugged in to the outlet.
Black Smoke Coming Out Of The Air Fryer
In most cases, this means that the heating element inside the air fryer has become damaged or defective and needs to be replaced.
If your air fryer is generating smoke but not the usual black smoke, then it could be the following:
1. The air fryer has developed a fault and needs to be replaced, So make sure to visit your near repair shop or contact your air fryer company help and support for the better output.
2. The heat shield around the heating element has become dislodged and is letting unburned food get inside the heating chamber.
Why is my air fryer not turning on?
There are many reasons why an air fryer might not be turning on, including a faulty switch or tripping the over-current protection.
Here are some common things that will stop an air fryer from turning on:
– The heating element has become damaged or burned out. – The electrical lead to the heating element has become loose and needs to be reattached to the heating element.
– The heating element is loose and needs to be reattached to the power switch.
– The plug that connects to the power socket has become loose and needs to be retightened or the lead tightened.
Air fryer touch screen not working? How to fix it
If your air fryer is not turning on and is giving you the “touch screen not working” message, follow these steps to remedy the problem.
Step 1: Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet and Remove the power cord from the electrical outlet. Make sure you have your finger-tip on the plug to avoid being electrocuted by the live electrical current.
Step 2: Turn the power switch on for 3 seconds .
Step 3: Reattach the power cord to the electrical outlet and Make sure you have your finger-tip on the plug to avoid being electrocuted by the live electrical current.
Food cooked in an Air Fryer is not crispy enough
If you are new to air frying, then you might have observed that the food is not crisp enough when cooked in an air fryer. You have probably noticed that the food is cooked over at least twice the time it would have taken to cook them in a conventional oven.
The air fryer is very good at producing crispy food, but it does not work at the same speed as conventional ovens do. That is because conventional ovens are designed to cook foods at a much lower temperature than the air fryer.
When the food is cooked in the air fryer, it will be done at around 400°F, This means that the potatoes and chicken wings that you normally put in an air fryer will be cooked at a temperature around 400°F and they will not be crispy enough.
So better to choose conventional over air fryer, if you want your food more crispy in less time while cooking.
What if still it is not working ?
So you are now at the stage where all these simple steps are not working for you and all are beyond of your repair.
However, i never suggest anyone to open inner stuff of your air fryer unless you are a air fryer specialist and know how each things work for you,
So better to go at your near repair shop and let the shop owner handle it cause somehow it’s a serious problem and only they can fix it.